Collective UI, why designers quit, responsive Figma variables, 2023 fonts

Collective UI, why designers quit, responsive Figma variables, 2023 fonts

Autopublished from RSS Original article

Weekly curated resources for designers — thinkers and makers.

Spotify’s recent layoff of 1,500 employees, despite positive earnings, signals a shift in how we view roles like UX Research in the tech industry. What are the implications for professionals in non-business crucial roles like ours?

What Spotify’s latest layoff means for UX Research By Meltem Naz Kaso Coskun

Full throttle: messy feedback to design decisions, fast [Sponsored] Stick to the fast lane — go from raw customer data to engaging insights in minutes. Keep a pulse-check on feature launches. Motivate your team behind customer problems. Continuously improve with high-octane insights. It’s time to turbocharge your design decisions. Try Dovetail for free today.

The UX Collective is an independent design publication that elevates unheard design voices and illuminates the path to design mastery and critical thinking. Here’s how we’re boosting stories through our partnership with Medium.

A typography publication’s favorite fonts of 2023

Make me think

• Signals of interface quality
    “Quality is the degree to which an object or entity (e.g., process, product, or service) satisfies specific attributes or requirements. The quality of something can be determined by comparing a set of inherent characteristics with a set of requirements.”
  • People accomplishing ambitious things together
    “The Eiffel Tower was built in 2 years and 2 months; that is, in 793 days. When completed in 1889, it became the tallest building in the world, a record it held for more than 40 years. It cost about $40 million in 2019 dollars.”
  • Charge your worth
    “I never assumed a client wouldn’t value my work if they couldn’t afford my rates. I knew they were not a good fit for me. As much as I would like to buy a Ferrari SF90 Spider, I wouldn’t value the vehicle’s quality less when I couldn’t afford something at the top of the market. I know it’s not the best decision for my finances, so I look for a cheaper alternative.”

Little gems this week

Norman Doors: how do we still get this wrong? By Andra Cimpan

Why designers quit (2023 report) By Matej Latin

Why weirdness is at the center of belonging, diversity, and innovation
By Ida Persson

Tools and resources

Support the newsletter

If you find our content helpful, here’s how you can support it:

Collective UI, why designers quit, responsive Figma variables, 2023 fonts was originally published in UX Collective on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.